An independent Prince Edward Island podcast bringing joy to families around the world.
Sleep Tight Stories is a podcast commonly listed in Kids & Family, and Stories for Kids categories on services like Apple Podcasts and Spotify.
We describe ourselves as follows:
The inspiration to create Sleep Tight Stories, and all the podcasts that followed, came from former students of Sheryl telling her how much they missed her classroom story time. As a result, we started thinking of ways to extend and expand that experience. Though we tried other mediums, podcasts have proven to be perfect for sharing stories.
We create value for our listeners in a number of ways:
- We help take away the struggle that parents often experience at sleep time, by providing educating and calming entertainment that children look forward to.
- Through carefully selected age specific stories we help children learn to read; listening aids in literacy development and second language acquisition.
- We provide a window into Canadian and Western culture; we believe that only through exposure to their literature can you truly understand a people.
- Children love our podcast. It engages them, incites their imagination and brings them joy.
We have a dedicated niche audience who actively seek out stories to listen to. A Western audience interested in setting positive routines, and an Asian audience interested in Western and Canadian culture and realize the best way to understand a culture is through its literature.
While we create these stories for families with young children aged ~5-12, adults and teachers have also commented on the joy that listening to these stories brings. And how it lulls them to sleep.
- ~68% of our listeners identify as female (the device owner)
- The majority of our listeners come from, in order: United States, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, Thailand, Philippines and India
- Our listeners age groups are: 35-44, followed by 28-34, & 18-22
- Most of our listeners are on Spotify and Apple Podcasts
💯 In Numbers
- Over 2,400,000 unique downloads
- Monthly unique downloads: 350,000
- 1st month episode download: >17,000
- Frequently ranked in top 25 podcasts in Kids & Family
- Frequently ranked in top 5 podcasts in Kids & Family in Asia
- We are currently trending at #1 globally according to Chartable
Monthly download growth ✨
👂 Where to listen
- Google Podcasts: https://buff.ly/2Hldx1v
- Apple Podcasts: https://buff.ly/2V8u6Xv
- Spotify: https://buff.ly/2r8YLGu
- Web: https://buff.ly/2Mx7mM8
- Overcast: https://overcast.fm/itunes1440863621/sleep-tight-stories-bedtime-stories-for-kids
- RSS: https://sleeptightstories.libsyn.com/rss
Or you can also search for Sleep Tight Stories wherever good podcasts are listed.
📅 Release schedule
We publish a new episode every Tuesday and Thursday at 9AM (UTC -3).
😊 Sample reviews
Every night as we lay down for bed, we listen to three of these back to back. The stories put my 1 year old to sleep, and my 4 year old acts out his favorites as we listen to them before he drift offs. His current favorites are: Jack & The Beanstalk, Goldilocks & The Three Bears, and The Three Giraffes. Thank you so much for such a great podcast 💙”
Nina Olivia via Apple Podcasts
Sheryl has one of the kindest souls, and it is shown through her calm, soothing storytelling presence. Thank you for Sleep Tight Stories!
Erica Ro via Facebook
The stories are all read in a soothing voice and is perfect for winding down after a long day of school. My daughters (both age 5) love listening to them and often request for another story. Their current favorite is “The Singing Shell”.
Erica115 via Apple Podcasts
Great stories. Love the narration style. Perfect for relaxing & getting ready to fall asleep. Thanks!
Phillip Primeau via Apple Podcasts
It is so good 😊
My kid loves it.she falls asleep really fast 👍🏽👍🏽❤️💖💜❣️💜her favorite story is the blacki sires
pdxsuj via Apple Podcasts
Sleep Tight Stories is published by a husband and wife team based in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
Sheryl, an elementary educator with close to 25 years experience, is the heart and voice of our podcast. She selects and edits the stories, communicates with authors, and has contributed a number of original works.
She is an avid reader and a champion of early years literacy. While she has extensive experience in school administration and curriculum development, she is most at home in contexts that allow her to share her love of reading, working with young children – helping them flourish as human beings.
Her love of coffee is well known amongst all the children she has worked with.
Clark is host of our sister podcast Sleep Tight Relax, and owns Minzoo Studio, a boutique product design studio based in Charlottetown, PEI. He produces all of our audio and tries to keep up with our listeners on social media.
He got his start in music, making noise through-out the greater Toronto area, but has spent the past 20+ years working in experience design, primarily in China and Taiwan, for various tech companies. His work focuses on answering the question, what if screen time was actually good for children?
Fine coffee also fuels his day.
For a mediakit, collaboration ideas, or to simply reach out and say hello, please use the email address below.
Updated July 28, 2020